Sunday, June 12, 2011

4 states in 3 days

Friday morning we headed to Casper, WY. Our halfway stop on our way to Rapid City, SD.. to watch Trent's littlest sister get married. Embarking on a long car ride, we felt quite tenative as to how the kidlets would handle it... but in the end they did fantastic.

Once we got to Casper.. we headed to Uncle Spence, and Aunt Rita's house. We had such a good time stopping by to see them, and they were sweet enough to let us stay there for the night. Every time we get the opportunity to stop and see them, we have to take it!! That next morning we headed out bright and early. The wedding was at one o'clock and we still had 4-5 hours to go!

We got to Rapid City in just enough time to grab a little something to eat.. I still hadn't gotten dressed yet, I know my bad!, so I hopped into the back of the van and was thrown back and forth until we got to the little chapel in the hills. Good thing my awesome van has tinted windows- haha!

It was such a beautiful day, perfect day for a wedding! The chapel was gorgeous, and the bride was stunning!! Sarah looked liked a princess all day, and I hope she felt like one :) . Unfortunately the minister that was suppose to marry them, had the time wrong.. so they weren't able to get married at the chapel. But that didn't stop us from getting some cute pictures and videos of them around and inside of it! We enjoyed our time there, and then headed over to the park.

At the park we had some yummy food, and the bride and groom danced to some music. The minister showed up after not too long, and they decided to just get married right there in the park. And that's exactly what they did! Congratulations to Sarah and Braniff. May your love shine through any adversities that may be thrown your way :)

After they were wed, we turned our trip towards Nebraska. Man.. there is nothing in Nebraska!! haha. It was so funny, Trent turned to me and said, " Now, I mean this in the most loving way possible... but you are a TERRIBLE navigator." lol. So true! Apparently I had him driving the wrong direction for 30 minutes. Ooops. Sorry bud! He is totally right about that.. I am not that good about following maps apparently :P !!

I found myself wanting to drive for most of the trip.. and most of it I was. I find it extremely relaxing.. I guess it's just too bad he was the one driving when we needed the most direction! But we finally found our way.. and we made it to our destination to go see Uncle Jon and Aunt Kathy. And let me tell you, they are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet! It was great to go and see them. Uncle Jon reminds me so much of Trent. He still drives a truck he bought back in 1991 :) .

Then next day we headed out.. back to the good 'ol land of Utah. Making the round trip around 1500 miles. A total of 21 hours and 45 minutes of just straight driving. 4 states in 3 days... with two children, one 3 and the other 1 years old. Yeah.. we ARE superheros. Here's to a fun
weekend!










Keep smiling.. it makes people wonder what you're up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment