Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Re-Train

It can be frustrating.. doing something you use to do so easily, and then having to start all over again. Has that ever happened to you? One minute you remember yourself so strong, or skilled - and then the next it's like you're doing it for the very first time. I guess that's why in life it's important to keep practicing, always.

I went into my first silks class since I had my baby. Jumping up I grab onto the silk that is suspended from the ceiling approximately 20ft up. Expecting to eloquently climb upwards, my muscles start to shake, and no upward movement is achieved. I find myself having to learn everything from the beginning again. Let me tell you this, it can be very frustrating knowing what to do - but having your body physically unable to do so.

A teacher I do not know is teaching this beginning class of Aerial Silks. She does not know me, she does not remember these things use to come so easily to me. Instead to her, she sees someone who is very new to this activity. I decide to keep it that way. Even though it's hard for me to hear, I still find the encouragement she gives me in the little things very amiable.

From these first classes I noticed which muscles have diminished. Silks is not as easy as I once remembered, and for a moment I thought about just giving up. But then I realized I must now work that much harder to get back to where I once was. I need to work these weak muscles in my daily activities to expedite the process.

After all.. we all have to start somewhere. Even if it is from the beginning... for a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment