Friday, August 30, 2013

Dare to Care Competition

 
This past weekend I got the awesome opportunity to participate in a circus style dance competition for charity. I was surrounded by amazing talent, and wonderful people there to support many different charities. It was amazing, exciting, and so much fun!!
 
I danced for 'The Ronan Thompson Foundation' which is a charity to help support childhood cancer. What was the neatest part about the whole thing, was having people I have never met before coming up to me afterwards telling me that my routine made them cry, or stating that it moved them. Someone even wanted their picture with me. I am so blessed that I was able to dance in a way that it made people feel that they wanted to make a difference.
Another amazing thing about the night, was that I got to perform along some amazing friends I have made over this last year. We call it our own aerial family, and it was wonderful to feel a part of something so unique and awesome. Also, my parents came all the way from California, and I was so happy they were able to come support me and watch. My Mom also got to introduce me!
 
I wish I had taken more photos myself, but I stole a few other people took. Note to self to take more pictures from when I perform! haha 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment