Friday, August 15, 2014

1st day of Preschool... kinda..

Blake has been excited to start school since Jack's last day of kindergarten. We recently got him a backpack which he has been wearing almost everyday. We counted down the last days until his first day... and now it was finally here!

We got in the car, I made sure I'd be able to go with him to meet his teacher on his first day, and we walked through the front doors.

That's when I realized... that his first day was actually yesterday. - forehead slap- . Seriously?! I was more worried about how Blake would feel. We slithered back into the car and I turned around to see his bottom lip growing bigger. "I'm really sad." he whispered. My heart sank. Worst feeling ever.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but we we'll start our first real day on Monday. How about we go get ice cream instead?"

"Okay!!" he squealed while grinning from ear to ear.  "That's even better than preschool anyway." he stated. 

PHEW. Love that kiddo so darn much. Total Mom fail, and I'm sure it won't be my last one either!




No comments:

Post a Comment