Thursday, August 14, 2014

Potty training!

When we were at the store the other day, I was picking up new underwear for Jack and Blake, and Tyler said he wanted some of his own too. He really liked the ninja turtle ones, so we put them in the basket. I didn't really think much of it at the time, because I knew sooner or later we would be potty training him - so might as well have some right?... I mean, he's not even 2 1/2 yet. Well as soon as he found the package at home.. he was ready to wear them.
So I thought I would give Tyler a shot at wearing underwear. I gave him the speech about how he would have to keep them dry, and that meant doing ALL of our 'duties' in the potty. First day I took him to the potty every 45 minutes. Sometimes it was hard to convince him he needed to go, but I didn't make it an option. "I wanna cheese stick.." "Okay, but we have to go potty first."

"I wanna ride my bike-ick-le (bicycle)". "Okay, but we have to pee first."

First day 100% success. NO ACCIDENTS. Say what? hmmm... maybe I wasn't giving him enough credit. What a little ham. Second day he had 2 accidents. First one I wanted to happen so he could feel what it felt like when he was wet. The second one, he stopped halfway through and I took him to the potty to finish. Third day 100% success. AND he told me at the end of the day when he had to go!! What a rockstar!! One proud Momma right here! Day four he woke up dry. 

I know sometimes kids regress a little bit when they learn so young, but right now I am basking in this little stud muffin's victory. I may be bias, but my little boys are freakin rockstars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment