Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Valentine

How did I get so lucky? I ask myself that question every day.. It's like everyday I have the opportunity to live in a fairy tale...

For those of you who don't know our story.. it started a long time ago. I was only 12 years old, and I remember exactly the way I felt the first time I saw him. Many people don't believe in love at first sight , and I don't even know if that's what it was. But something inside me knew that this person was suppose to be in my life. And I have never stopped loving him since that day.

Trent is my best friend. The one person in this world who knows me better than I know myself. And it makes me smile when I hear other people say that they want their relationship to be like ours, or want to find someone to love the same way we love each other.

People always said the first year of marriage can be the hardest. Some say that after a few years the love can fade, or change. But with us that has never been the case. I love that man with such a passion, that it is hard to be away from him- even until this day. He is my everything, and I would give anything just to see him smile.

People ask us all the time how we can have such a good relationship, him and I. And I don't know if there is really an answer for that. We just let each other be who they are - do what makes us happy, and help each other out along the way. I think that's one big benefit of knowing someone so completely. Just letting them take risks, and being with them when they fall. And laughing about it afterwards. Both of us are pretty relaxed people. We don't care if the towel is buched up on the rack.. or if both of us just don't decide to clean sometimes, because we get caught up in each other - and the two precious lives that we brought into this world.

Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart....

Thank you for letting me love you so completely.



1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute!!! We're so thankful to have you guys as friends. :)

    ReplyDelete