Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crazy 8

8 years?! That's just crazy ;) . On top of that, we've been together for 9! Approximately 1/3 of my life has been with Trent, and honestly? - I don't know how I did the previous 2/3 without him!

I feel incredibly lucky to honestly say he is someone I hold on a pedestal. I admire that man so much it's ridiculous! He is, and always will be, my hero. By far, one of the best people I have ever met in my life. And he picked me? For how that happened I will never know - but for whatever reason, I am forever grateful.

Trent and I married young. I was 18, he was 22. When I think of others who may be getting married at that age I think they're crazy - haha. And then I have to remind myself that I was that young! But when I think about it, or if anyone ever asks me - I wouldn't change it for the world.

In all honesty, I feel I lucked out marrying him so young. I get that much more time to spend with him in this world - that much more time to grow and experience everything we can in this life. I feel extremely blessed. I moved out at 17, married the love of my life at 18, had a beautiful baby boy enter our family at 21, and shortly after, graduated college in Nuclear Medicine at 22. I feel I got a great jump start at life. More time to live, explore, and grow.

Trent and I traveled fun places by plane at least once a year since we had started dating. Our first apartment cost us 250 dollars a month which included utilities, and we moved to Utah with all of our things packed into two cars.

One thing that is great about our relationship, is that I truly feel we provide a boost for each others dreams. There is no limit to what we can achieve, and there is no better way to live. Anything is possible. And as long as we're together, that is enough.


After I had met Trent, I wrote in my diary.. "When I grow up, I want to marry someone just like Trent." See? If you put your mind to it.. anything is possible!!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you guys! I still remember when brad and I got married...I was 18 and he was 21...we stayed at your place the night before we left for our honeymoon. I specifically remember you guys telling us by the time our 3rd anniversary came around, we would be sleeping on opposite sides of the bed, especially during the summer. I didn't think that could happen, but sure enough, it did. Crazy to think that was 5 years ago! We sure love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of you two are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete