Sunday, April 3, 2011

29 rays of sunshine

Birthdays are crazy things.. getting older, celebrating with close friends and family. But best of all.. you get to eat good cake and get to reminisce about all the years you've been on this earth. Trent turned 29 today.. so I thought I would post 29 things I have learned from him.

1. Flip flops are pretty darn awesome. I actually never wore any until we started dating.
2. Trying new foods at restaurants can be quite liberating.. and sure keeps things interesting. Trent always asks the person serving us what their favorite thing on the menu is.
3. I am now pretty awesome at dickering down the prices on any given item. Heck.. I now can say that I have even done it in a department store!
4. Guys can't read what you really want for any given occasion.. if you want to be happy, you better tell the guy straight up - and everyone is happy in the end ;)
5. You really don't need labels or holidays to celebrate how much you love someone, or show how important they are to you.. that's what the entire year is for!
6. I am continually trying to learn from Trent about his selfless nature. That man never stops amazing me of how he gives on a daily basis - I am striving to be more like him everyday with this.
7. Life isn't about the kind of clothes you wear, or how old your shoes are. It's your smile that makes people notice you.
8. Trent is incredibly knowledgeable about finance.. and it's his goal to be completely debt free by the time he turns 30.. looks like it's going to happen. (and we have 3 houses right now!)
9. Never ever stop someone you love from dreams or risks they want to take. Just take the jump with them.. it will make you both stronger and closer in the end.
10. It's nice being married to someone who has the same goals, same views, and same passion for life that you do.
11. He taught me how to drive. Ha - yes that's right. I was 13 at the time.. he was 17. Funny huh?
18. I learned about how freaking awesome avocados are. I actually got him 22 avocados on his 22 birthday.
19. That you can transform a complete wreck of a place into something truly beautiful if you have the vision to do so.
20. You honestly don't need to bring much when you travel.
21. I am still continually learning Spanish from him.. I will get there one day you will all see ;) !
22. Fruit and vegetables are actually good to eat.. and you should eat them everyday.
23. That needs are more important than wants.
24. That family is the most import asset you will ever have in this life.
25. He is always teaching me how to cook. When we first got married he did most of the cooking. Now I think it's about 60/40 with me cooking just a little bit more now that he comes home for lunch. - But I do about 90% of the baking!
26. How to swing dance. Although.. I guess that could go both ways.
27. Many different songs on the guitar.. and how to not care if people hear you sing.
28. To laugh in hard situations.
29. Flossing is important :)

I am so happy he was born many years ago into such an incredible and entertaining family. He is my best friend.. my better half. It's amazing to me how much someone can continue to inspire people every day.. and have such a drive for goals and aspirations for the future. Trent is honestly one of the best people I have ever met in this life.. and the fact he loves me back makes it all that much more unreal. He makes me laugh everyday, and knows me better than I know myself. I hope his birthday is an awesome one, because I know I am not the only one smiling when I think of him. Happy Birthday Handsome.





No comments:

Post a Comment