Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Aleatory days

The last few days has shown to be a random mix of different allocations and circumstances. Words and descriptions ranging from bare-bottomed, frisbee, dominoes, neurosurgeons, cookie dough, bonds, healing and glee. Sometimes life can be as if we're waking up from surgery. Constantly going in and out of consciousness, unaware as to what is reality and what is a dream. Sometimes we need to find anchors to pull us back to our current state.

I also believe people are genuinely good. No matter what the circumstance, we all try to do our best.. and eventually we realize what needs to be done. Unfortunately the world isn't like the movies where there is the good person, and the evil one. We are all somewhere in between, and if we try hard enough - we will find ourselves fighting for the right team. My point in all of this.. is just to have faith in people. Believe that they will make the right decision, because we all deserve the chance to come out on top.


Bare-bottomed. Jack started his intense potty-training yesterday. I can't believe how well he is doing. Makes me wonder why I didn't try this tactic with him sooner. He is a smart little kid.. guess I didn't give him enough credit.



Frisbee. My anchor. I have started 'pick up' frisbee games that I hope will have great turn out. Trying to introduce a hobby back into my daily routine - with hopes to make some lasting friendships as well. Last time I played was when I first moved out on my own, and all I have from then is really good memories.



Dominoes. The new fun game in my home. Not only does Jack love building, and making neat things to knock down, Blake gets so excited to be a part of all the entertainment.






Neurosurgeon. Today was my second meeting with this amazing doctor. I had another MRI a couple of weeks ago, and I was a little hesitant to find out the results. My neurosurgeon told me that my cyst is stable and no need for surgery for quite some time :) Haha he joked that colloid cysts are his favorite thing to remove, and he wished he had a magic pill for me to take to make it grow so he could take it out - LOL. He had me chuckling the whole time. Yay for good docs, and better yet - great news!



Cookie dough. Just something I craved a few days ago and let myself indulge in.

We all need those days where we snuggle up with something warm and make ourselves sick. Something comforting in that? Ha I guess we all think so!



Bonds. Mike is leaving soon. It makes us all sad. Jack will be especially sad when he realizes "Mikey" is not around as much. Those two are like siblings. They fight with each other, love each other -and tell each other exactly what the other one is thinking. What a funny pair.



Healing. This word can be used for many circumstances in this life.


Referring to getting over illnesses, or trying to heal emotionally. With time everything heals.. or changes. And it's our responsibility to take whatever has happened, and use if for the good of our future. We all have things we need to heal from.. so just step back, and look at the good at what's happened. Smile that you got the ability and strength to learn from what has happened. And maybe, just maybe, you can help someone going through the same thing down the road. Now I just need to get over this cough I've had for two weeks!



Glee. Referring to how we should feel about our opportunities in this life. That.. and also I just discovered what a fun show that is. :) Yay for Netflix.






2 comments:

  1. I love how uplifting your posts are!! Every time I read your posts, it always wants to make me be a better person. :) And don't you just love Glee!? We sure do!

    Also, I love the post you wrote about Trent. So sweet! I hope you guys had fun celebrating his birthday together!! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I'm so glad that you don't have to have surgery yet and I'm also glad that your boy is doing so good with potty training. I wish I could get Logan to go in the potty. He likes to sit on it, but doesn't want to go yet. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete