Sunday, July 31, 2011

Flash Robbed!

The dance facility where I've been dancing the last few months decided to put on a flash mob on July 30th. We were originally planning on doing it at the mall, but we switched it to the farmers market up in Ogden. It was the dance to Party Rock Anthem - that Nappytabs taught for National Dance day... awesome, I know ;)

Anyways.. we show up, we look very inconspicuous, and it's literally minutes before our music is about to start.... and a DIFFERENT group started dancing!! We were flash robbed!! haha. We couldn't believe it. What are the odds? I mean, really?

So what did we do? Shrugged. Vented. Scratched our heads..

Then decided to dance anyway. We were there already.. why not? haha. We had a good time though. Too bad we couldn't keep going other places to perform, because it was alot of fun.

And yes.. I know I look like a dork in this picture. But it was all about the fun of the moment, right?





The dance company also set up some silks in the park as well. It was crazy having people just crowd around to watch you. Good thing I didn't notice them all until I came down!

I am glad I found this hobby. I feel it really fits me. It's a ton of fun, and man, it really works your upper body and core. A good fun workout!! Love it. Trent's even mentioned just buying me my own silk to put up in our garage! Ha.. not sure if I'm THAT good yet, but maybe after I gain some more muscle. I mean, come on... if there is ever a talent show, how cool would that be to do aerial silks? :)

1 comment:

  1. Christy! I think its AWESOME that you've taken on dancing lessons AND can do aerial aerobics!!! So cool! If we lived close to you guys, I would totally join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete