Thursday, May 24, 2012

Take the chance..

It's possible I have always thought this way.. or maybe it's just a realization I have learned lately- but either way, it's something I deem important. It could be that I enjoy the adrenaline. Or maybe I am just, in nature, a very curious person. Unknown outcomes intrigue me, and I enjoy wanting to know what is out there...

One thing I have noticed about people, is that some people are genuinely scared to take a chance at something unknown. They sit somewhat content with their life, but yet complain that nothing good is happening to them. These people I just want to take their shoulders in my hands.. and shake 'em! It's like an overweight person complaining they are out of shape while eating twinkies. I know the world can be scary, and I know bad things happen and consistency is helpful to some, but please - experience life!!

Something I remember that has stuck with me, was when someone once told me to put anything you want on your resume.. then figure out how to do it later. Ha. Now in most cases, that's not very bright - but let me tell you this, it sure would help you stay motivated if you definitively needed to learn something fast. People who know me, know that I like to apply for jobs - and yes, at times I have had several. Why, you may ask? Partly because I enjoy the competition of applying. Also because I love to learn new things, and meet new people constantly. The fear of the unknown is intriguing. But yes.. many people are afraid of that venture.

Some people say.. "One day.." and yet they sit doing nothing. Making small changes like buying a new car, or getting another cat. But in retrospect what they should be doing, is getting out there in life and jumping out of an airplane (both figuratively and bluntly). People need to break out of their boxes, get uncomfortable, really experience life, and take major risks. They need to get their hearts pounding.

One reason I think we have taken risks, is because we would totally be just as content living in a one bedroom apartment - as long as we are all together. We know how to eat off of just rice and bean and Ramen noodles, because we've done it before. May just have to spice up the recipes a bit ;) . And you're right, it definitely wouldn't be as comfortable - but MAN would we have some good stories!

So please... make memorable stories, take chances, enjoy the adrenaline of being scared. Experience everything out of life. Because you know what? - That's what makes you truly feel alive.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize just how amazing you are, Christy. And, even though I will never go skydiving, you're a great example to me in all things in life. :)

    ReplyDelete