Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catching air

Yes. As daunting as it may seem.. we decided to take a road trip with our little family up to Oregon!!

We know we may be crazy, but we were so excited! We had no idea how our littlest tot would do on the ride, so we were kinda nervous - but he did great! We made sure to make the whole trip fun.. stopping along the way at parks, and making every part of it an adventure!

We also were so excited to go see Jenni, David and their cute family (Caleb, Noah, Eva, and new little Matthew)! They have all grown up so much - and it had been awhile since we had seen them last.

So here we are, about to evoke on our adventure. Not sure what lies ahead...

Haha - actually, Trent had just discovered how to take pictures on our tablet and he was all excited, so he took this picture!

We had the car set up pretty good for us I thought, with the boys all the way in the back, they could talk as loud as they wanted, and I still had a place to sit in case any of the boys needed anything.


For those of you who have never been to the Oregon coast, I would highly recommend it. It is gorgeous, even just along the 101. We enjoyed the driving, and we even got to see some waterfalls right from the road! The boys had fun trying to spot them.



One completely awesome thing about this trip? Jack learned how to ride a bike!! That's right. In about 5 minutes, Jack was cruising around on two wheels! Apparently the best way to teach someone, is to have them learn to balance themselves on the bike and not use the pedals. After coasting about 8 times.. he said he wanted to use the pedals. We told him to go for it - and off he went!! Just like a born pro! I was sitting there with my jaw wide open. I am so proud of that kid!


It was so much fun staying with Jenni and her beautiful family. They are some of the kindest most generous people! They fed us well, and all of our kids played and played. Their little Matthew is so darn cute! Look at those gorgeous eyes! Funny thing was that Tyler and Matthew's cry actually sounded very much alike. Every time one of them cried, we looked around to figure out which little guy it was!







Another fun thing we did?? We went BMX biking! Now mind you, I have never done this before.. so of course, I took advice from those who have. They told me to go as fast as I could down the initial hill, and it would make the whole course more fun. So off I went... and completely LAUNCHED myself. I caught major air - and have some nice bruises and scrapes to prove it. haha. I will definitely be trying that again ;) . I just wish someone would have caught it on video!

All the 'big boys' went on a hike - and we enjoyed ourselves exploring all around Oregon. The boys made big boats and watched them float away, played in sand, and played in a few parks. It was so nice to be with everyone and enjoy the nice weather!














Here are the cute babies together! Aww I just love them, but how couldn't you?! Tyler is on the left, Matthew is on the right.


We also had a great time at the Oregon coast. It was such a fun day, and I would have to say that Jenni is a super mom for driving all the way by herself to the coast with 4 little people. She's amazing. We found 2 starfish, and the ocean is always relaxing!











This is actually our FIRST family picture since little Tye was born. Thanks Jenni!






To more fun times ahead! Keep reading, keep exploring, and hold those loved ones close!!

4 comments:

  1. We made this trip three years ago when we only had 2 boys. It was a long drive, but we loved it so much. It is such a beautiful place to visit and it is a place I would even consider moving to. You are making such fun memories with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Christy-you are one of the sweetest girls I know! We LOVED having you out here. YOu were the supermom to travel clear across the country with such a new little one and your other cute little ones! I'm amazed at the patience you have and how positive you are about everything. You were an inspiration to us! It was SOOO FUN to have you! You're welcome all the time! Wish we lived closer. Loved all the pictures you took too! You sure capture the moments-I wish I could have had one of you flying through the air on the BMX bike too-that was crazy! YOu make me laugh. Love all of you! We can't wait to see you again.. Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time on your trip! What a cute family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake and Their little girl could be siblings! They look so much alike

    ReplyDelete