Wednesday, October 9, 2013

California- San Diego!



We started our journey off to California. We always make it a fun road trip by stopping a lot along the way at parks and fun places to eat :) The boys travel extremely well, and we actually always look forward to the road trip - it's fun having us all close together for a long period-  we talk, laugh and always have a great time! We do have a movie player in our car, but we only use it for the last hour stretch of our journey - it seems like the boys have more fun using their imaginations to keep them entertained anyway.



Gahhh... I love the ocean. The sound, the smell, the relaxing nature about all of it. It's so majestic! I spent every minute I could right next to it. Luckily the condo we stayed in was a rock throw away. It was a little cool outside the night we got there, but it warmed right up in the days to come.



We got to go to SEA WORLD!! YAY! Something to cross off my bucket list :) I have always wanted to go, and we had a fun time. The boys really seemed to enjoy watching the animals. We spent all day there - and I think we hit every place we wanted to! We packed sandwiches and ate the in the parking lot when we got hungry... they won't let you take food into the park. We thought we were really clever!











They had lots of fun play areas and shows! I even found a fabulous silking tree right in the middle. HAHA. I loved the Shark Adventure part where we got to go through the tunnel of sharks. Too bad Tyler slept through that part. His cute pointing and baby talk was quite cute throughout the entire day :) .











We had an amazing view from our condo! We also spent some time in the pool. Jack really enjoyed showing us how much he had learned in swimming classes over the summer. I didn't have the heart to tell him he kind of looked like he was drowning, but he will keep getting the hang of it! Ha! What a fun kid.







The boys enjoyed making sandcastles, and like I said before, we just enjoyed being on the beach.
















And a vacation can't be complete without silking and boogie boarding!! Jack did amazing his first time ever out there! He tumbled in some waves and just bounced right back up to do it again!! It was fun watching his face light up every time he caught a wave.





And yeah... I kinda dug me a hole!! Ha, it was hard convincing Blake to get it in. hahaha.









Yay for California. I am sure we will come again! And it was so much fun being able to spend it all with the people I love the most!


No comments:

Post a Comment