Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Trent turns 30!

Happy Birthday Trent!!

This year I wanted to throw Trent a surprise birthday party for turning 30. The funny thing, is that I kinda made it an 'Over the Hill' kind of party - and boy did I get some 'guff' from my uncle Blaine over that decision. HAHA!

It was still a ton of fun though, and I wanted him to know how loved of a guy he truly is - and I know how he likes simple things for his birthday... so that's why it was a surprise!

Boy was it hard to keep this secret from him.. I wanted to share funny stories about how the party planning was going the whole time and had to stop myself. He had no idea about it, but it sure was hard getting him to come to the park when it was time to party!!

It was the same day as the festival of colors.. and the original plan was to have him stay in Salt Lake for a few hours and let Mike and Brittany bring him up when we were ready for him. Only one problem, he really wanted to head home - but the good thing is he agreed to go back. So I had to convince him Blake and I wanted to stay in Layton. Once he went back, I headed to the park to go set up. AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED OUT!! It was so nice for people to come help me. I got to tell you... planning a surprise party with two young children while you are 9 months pregnant is not the easiest thing. haha.

Once they headed back I told him to meet us at the park. Mike had to really work on him to come straight over, so he convinced him to ride his scooter. LOL. Toys will do it every time ;)





Oh yeah... and that's totally a wheelchair I got for him. I know... awesome, huh? LOL



















Happy Birthday Trent. Hope it was fun for you! We just wanted to tell you how much we love you and how glad we are that you were born!!

And we've decided to keep you, and apparently Jack decided the best way to do that is to tie you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment